The Halifax Hurricanes professional basketball organization are looking to hire multiple individuals for the role of Basketball Ops Associate for the 2019-2020 basketball season. This is an internship role within the organization with future employment possibilities.
The Basketball Ops Associate will work directly with the coaching staff in their day-to-day operations & assist them on the court during practice, in player development workouts, & during home games. Experience in basketball coaching is not required, but applicants must have a passion for basketball & be willing to grow & show interest in the basketball industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with set-up & break down of practice
Assist on the floor during practice performing tasks such as passing, rebounding, keeping score, or helping out in drills
Assist in front office related duties that may or may not pertain to basketball such as building spreadsheets, or writing reports on other players/teams in the league
Assist during home games on the bench & during pre-game warm-ups
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with a willingness to be a team player
- Highly motivated individuals that are able to work in groups & individually
- Ability to physically assist in on-court individual or group basketball workouts
- Successful applicants must have their own transportation and live in or around the Halifax area
Must be at least enrolled in college or have graduated (We are willing to work around college class schedule)
- Experience playing or coaching basketball
- Experience playing or working in a sporting atmosphere
- Passionate individuals looking to get experience & grow in professional sports
- Interest in basketball & familiarity with basketball terminology a plus
All applicants must send a current resume & cover letter stating why they would be a good fit for the position. Documents should be sent to email@example.com. We are looking to fill these positions ASAP.